Monday, March 21, 2011

Teaching, Tri Class, and How they Relate (Well to me at least)

As I nervously stood in the chilly water on Saturday, I found my thoughts drifting. Me, drifting? I know a shocker. (Not) I found myself thinking about all the new challenges I’ve been putting myself up to and how I’ve benefitted from them in other ways than just the physical ones. One of the best things that all of these opportunities have given me is a fresh look on how it feels to learn. Whether it be my kids at home or my kids at school. How it feels to not have something mastered, to be new at something, to struggle, to be the new guy or the short one (don’t ask). It allows me to be the student and not the teacher. This role reversal is good for the soul and great for teaching. It allows me to have more patience, it allows me to see passed perfection and look more for progress but most of all I now have ‘fresh’ experiences that I can speak about to my students. They love to hear how I fell off my bike or how I swallowed about a gallon of water in my last pool session. They love to know that I too, have to work to get to where I want to be. I guess my point is…If you don’t know what it feels like to learn, how in the world are you going to teach?

P.S...blogged twice so make sure to check out the cuties below!

3 comments:

  1. So True!!!
    I love the last line.....not the P.S., the one before that......lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love that last line because you think I sound like Rev Run.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...