Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't Judge Me...

or my music just enjoy us both! There is usually a reason I like a particular song, whether it be the beat, the lyrics or who is singing it. Some of these songs help me relax on a long run, some help me keep a pace and some get me pumped up. I can promise some WILL make your legs move faster...even if for only a second! If a few songs seem slow--they are-- I put them there because on half-marathons, and I'm pretty sure it will be similar for the marathon, its very easy to get all pumped up and start off too fast. I learned my first time around that is a BIG no-no...so the slower paced songs I purposely put on in the beginning.

1. Raise Your glass -Pink
2. Bette Davis Eyes- Kim Carnes (Great for beginning of a long run)
3. Dead and Gone - T.I
4. Love Story- Taylor Swift
5. Never Say Never- The Fray
6. Solsbury Hill- Peter Gabriel (This brings me back to my first race)
7. Apologize- OneRepublic
8. So What - Pink
9. Run This Town- Jay Z- Rihanna (i believe?)...
10. Come on Feel the Noise- Quiet Riot (been known to sing this one out loud)
11. Young Americans- David Bowie
12. Over the Rainbow- a Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (love love this song- was the song I listened to when dealing with infertility and listened to it when actually going through the IVF process.)
(I've been known to get teary eyed with this one when running)
13. I just call you Mine - Martina McBride
14. Lucky - Jason Mraz
15. Make You Feel My Love- Adele
16. Do Your Thing- Basement Jaxx (fun)
17. Treat Em Right- Chubb Rock (the hubs-let me embarass you with breakdancing song)
18. Megamix- Michael Jackson (gotta have it)
19. She Wolf- Shakira
20. New York State- Jay Z
21. The Time- Black Eyed Peas (Lucas' favorite)
22. Chasing Pavements- Adele
23. Right Round- Flo Rida
24. In the Summertime- Mungo Jerry (hard to listen to when its cold)
25. This One's for the Girls- Martina McBride
26. Just Dance- Lady Gaga
27. Poker Face- Lady Gaga
28. The Boys are Back in Town- Thin Lizzy
29. Half of my heart- John Mayer
30. Forever- Chris Brown
31. Break My Stride- Blue Lagoon (gets you going with all the stride talk)
32. Carmina Burana- Trans -Siberian Orchestra night castle (TRY AND RUN SLOW WITH THIS..IMPOSSIBLE!)
33. Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
34. Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas (yes, I like the peas)
35. The Climb- Miley Cyrus (great for hard runs)
36. All My Love- Queen Pen
37. Fire Burning- Sean Kingston
38. Lose Control- Missy Elliott
39. You're So Beautiful- Pat McGuire
40. I Gotta Feeling- BEPeas...(hope I'm not repeating)
41. Change Clothes- Jay Z
42. One Tribe-Black Eyed Peas
43. Lose Yourself- Eminem (Yes, I love him. Sorry if you don't)
44. Talkin'2 Myself- Eminem
45. So Bad- Eminem
46. Jesus Walks- Kanye West
47. Gimme More- Britney Spears (another fast pace - pick me up song...go Brit!)
48. We No Speak Americano- Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup
49. Won't Back Down- Eminem (Need I explain...I WON'T BACK DOWN..and angry Marshall equal a fantastic pace run!)
50. Body Movin'- Beastie Boys
51. Renegade- Jay-Z and Eminem (Love this song)
52. Coming Home- Diddy (A new favorite of mine. Have to hear it every run.)
53. Going Through Changes- Eminem
54. She Wants to Move- N.E.R.D
55. F**kin Perfect- Pink
56. Baby- Justin Bieber (Yes, I like him too and I'm not embarrassed to sing out loud when running...Baby, Baby, Baby...oh Baby...)
57. Not Afraid- Eminem
58. No Love- Eminem/Lil Wayne (Kinda feel good when I hear them inhaling in the beginning and I'm running with my lungs blazing from the cold air instead)
59. Maneater- Nelly Furtado
60. Young Forever- Jay Z
61. Hallelujah- Lee DeWyze (as per the reminder of the Hub..I'm going to download his new CD. Love this guy. I feel like he is a mix of Counting Crows and Dave Matthews Band)
62. Falling Slowly- Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox (very slow...so sometime I skip)
63. Beautiful Day - U2
64. Brand New Day- Joshua Radin (LOVE, LOVE , LOVE THIS SONG)
65. 4 Minutes- Justin Timberlake and Madonna
66. Love Song- Sara Bareilles (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER MUSIC)
67. Winter Song- Sara Bareilles
68. Flashdance-Michaell Sembello (Try not to dance to this when you run...try...I bet you move your hips at least once...or is that just me?)
69. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
70. Hate Me Now- Nas featuring Puff Daddy (tough song..meaning you feel tough even if you are dying!)
71. You give me something- Jjames Morrison
72. Glitter In the Air- Pink (Love this song)
73. Going the Distance- Bill Conti (yes, a rocky song)
74. Intergalactic- Beastie Boys
75. Eye of the Tiger- Survivor (yes, another Rocky song)
76. Rockateer- Far Eat Movement & Ryan Tedder (another song that I can't help make Rocket hand movements to when I'm running)
77. Forever- Chris Brown
78. S&M- Rihanna (love this song and really need to stop singing it in front of kids!)
79. Just Can't Get Enough- Black Eyed Peas
80. Firework- Katy Perry

That's all for now folks. I am actually going to download some new tunes as we read? cause we're technically not speaking..? I know I want one of the songs from Rocky Horror Picture show...a few Glee hits...and whatever other suggestions you all post! So keep them coming..I'm going to check out Zac Brown Band!

3 comments:

  1. Very eclectic! My long-run list is like that, too. Everything from Ke$ha to songs from musicals. hehehe

    PS: Thanks for the follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The K said ...

    Grrr ...I wrote a detailed comment but it didn't post.

    My quardant 3 time is up soooooo here's my favorite running song hands down... Money Maker -Ludacris (uncensored version) Profanity WILL make you run faster.

    You can stop stretching now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always love a good playlist. thanks for posting as i'm always looking for new stuff or stuff i maybe never heard yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...