* I started running again. I got the okay from my doctor and was a bit nervous to start. Love the "Tip of the Week" I found in my Runner's World Log...
Don't let a recently recovered injury keep you running tentatively. If a doctor has given you the go-ahead, what's holding you back is probably mental. Avoid injury anxiety through relaxtion and focus. Zero in on small details, such as your pace or form, to distract your mind from negative thoughts about the old injury.So, 'I am running (yes, that was said in the Forrest Gump voice in my head). I'm not going to lie. It was difficult...lots of mental strength to get through at times. We'll talk more about the quote that came into my head when running yesterday! It's copyright'able'...well my friends said so...we'll see what you think tomorrow!
* HUGE and Exciting news...that I will be sharing with you this week so make sure to check back. Here are some hints: CLEANSE, KATHY FRESTON, GIVEAWAY and I'M JEALOUS (you'll understand why later!)
* You have to appreciate the 'tailspins' you come across in life-if you don't, you won't learn from them. Boy did I allow myself to spin a bit this past week...but glad I did. Wouldn't be where I am now. Allow yourself the freedom to not have all the answers...it will come...eventually!
*Thanks for all the responses on my last post. I felt honored that you all shared things about yourself. Writing about things big or small always seem to help so I am glad you joined me and were able to get something from what I went through. It was such a difficult post to write and some even asked..."Why share it?"....I shared to get it out, to not have it as a secret anymore, to be free from it.
* My two winners from the GU giveaway...email me your addresses!!!!! The GU is calling your name!!
* I will keeping a log on here along with my posts because MARATHON TRAINING HAS BEGUN!!!!!!
That's all for now folks. I have to run because my son is trying to hit his sister over the head with a pooper scooper! You can't make this stuff up!