So I have been holding off to write this review until I used the glasses for biking and running. When I first received the glasses from Devon at Outside PR, I wasn't full force back into running so it's taken some time to be able to write a fair review. Here's me being excited about getting the glasses for a review and doing a "practice" run.
|Practice run in the den|
Okay so here are the details on these very cool glasses.
Lens- Photochromic Brown, Poly carbonate, 100% UV Protection
Anti-slip Nose pads and temple tips
What I liked:
*They were very lightweight. It was a noticeable difference from the glasses that I already own.
*Stayed on nicely for both run and bike...sweat and all.
*Never ran with glasses before this and really didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. I especially liked it on the trails. I didn't get ONE critter caught in the eye those runs!!!
*They are very well priced for such a great name and well made product. All the gear adds up so this was nice to see!
*They were cute and not too manly looking like most of the 'sporty' glasses.
*I like that they got darker in the sun.
* I like that I am protecting my lil' green eyes in the bright sun!
* Had no problems with them on the ride. My other glasses would sometimes slip or hurt the back of my ear.
What I didn't like:
* If I purchase another pair in the future I would go with a lens that is darker. I just like how they look better. I didn't realize these were so light.
*They did fog a bit when I ran in the rain. I think it may have been mostly from my breathing. This didn't happen when I was riding in the rain...hmmm??? More air circulation?
Would I recommend them?
* I would actually buy another pair myself, so yes. Plus if my husband continues to try and steal these I may be forced to! They are very reasonably priced and there are so many varieties to choose from.
* I was excited to see Ryders Eyewear for sale at one of my favorite running stores-Sayville Running Company...they carry some of the best brands and you know you are getting the good stuff when you go there. So I am pretty sure that means they would recommend them also!!
I couldn't get any pics in action so here are some before the action...with one of my favorite 'action figures'!!
|Do you think she'll notice if I steal these rad glasses right off her face??|
|Me, my glasses, my son and my COUSINS 40th birthday balloon...(not that 40 is bad...I'm just not there yet!)|
|My lil' Ryders Eyewear model!!!|
Do you wear glasses on your runs?
Do you wear glasses on your rides?
What brand do you prefer? Have you ever tried Ryders?
Would you be interested?